How to give/remove admin rights
How to add RUST admins when the server is offline
- You will need direct FTP or file system access to your game server. Use whichever method you are most comfortable with.
- Connect to the game server’s FTP or file system and navigate to the following folder:
- Open or create a new file with the following name and extension:
- For each user that you want to assign the owner admin role to, you will need their 64-bit Steam ID. You can use a great service called, SteamID I/O to find the corresponding ID. Simply input the role, 64-bit Steam ID, steam name (optional), reason (optional).
- Enter the following line, on a separate line, for each player you want to assign the owner admin role:
ownerid “64_bit_steam_id” “optional_user_name” “optional_reason”
- If you want to add a moderator role, you will follow the same steps above, but instead, enter the following role:
moderatorid “64_bit_steam_id” “optional_name” “optional_reason”
- You will then need to restart your game server in order for the changes to take effect.
Remove RUST admins using the server’s user.cfg file
There are 2 requirements for using the server’s user.cfg file
- Your RUST server must not be running, as the file will be locked and in use
- You must have access to the server’s file system, whether through ssh, ftp or a web portal
In order to remove a RUST admin using the server’s user.cfg file
- Connect to your server’s file system in your preferred method.
- Locate the
users.cfgfile, found in
- Open the file and remove the line item containing the admin user’s 64 bit SteamID
- Save the file and restart your server