Gather scrap Guide
Scrap is one of the most needed items in the game and can be seen as a form of currency. It is vitally important in researching, crafting, and repairing, and is also used to make the Salvaged Hammer and other craftable objects.
Scrap can be used to purchase weapons, tools, armor and other valuable items from the Bandit Camp and Scientist Compound (Outpost). Scrap can also be traded among other players to buy certain goods or if you want to pay yourself out of a very unlucky moment.
There are many methods of getting scrap in RUST that fits to every user their play style. Whether you would rather play it safe or enjoy the rush and risks of losing it all, for everyone there’s a method of scrap collecting. To obtain scrap, you can:
- Find scrap in Crates and Barrels.
- Loot scrap from defeated NPCs ( Large monuments with NPC provides more loot and is more attractive to others as well ).
- Trade-in items at the Bandit-Camp for scrap.
- Recycle unwanted items at monuments into scrap in a recycler.
- Gamble your hard-earned scrap away in the hope of making it back even harder by winning it at bandit camp.
- Trading with other players
- Taking it from other players who are also searching for some scrap to survive.
Getting scrap is critical for:
- Building essential base components. Gears for example, metal pipes or other parts you need for crafting like workbenches.
- Making blueprints at the research table.
- Experimenting at a workbench.
- Purchasing items from the Bandit Camp and Scientist Compound (Outpost).
- Purchasing from vehicle vendors.
- Trading with other players.
The workbenches are crucial to expanding the utility of your base. Without one, you cannot craft beyond simple stone tools and rudimentary base components. And so your first large investment of scrap will go into your level 1 workbench. Once you have your first workbench down, a relatively small investment of 50 scrap, you’ll want to use the bench to make a research table.
Tip: If you have enough scrap and rather want to skip the level 1 workbench and want to make a level 2, visit the compound or bandit camp. There is a level 1 workbench lurking around. Can you find all the 3 locations?